Online Homeschool Programs 2022
Online homeschool programs are a priority for parents in this digital world. The parents spend a lot of time on the internet searching for the best content available online. The alternatives that are proven to be really “best” are the homeschooling programs. There are many free and online versions available online, take a look at what we have for you on the table.
We completely understand the overwhelming feelings parents get when they know they have to teach their students at home for days, whether they are beginners or on the road already. Don’t worry! We are providing the best online homeschool programs that you can use for your kids to not stop the quality education and help yourself too!
The best online homeschooling programs
- K12.com is a one-stop shop for online learners and their families, known for its comprehensive and ultra-customizable approach.
- Tuition-free virtual public schools for students in grades K-12 taught by state-certified teachers are among K12’s online homeschool options.
- For kids with special interests or subjects they’d like to brush up on, there are three different tuition-based private schools to choose from, as well as a variety of summer school, intensive, and standalone course options.
- If you don’t want to commit to a full-time homeschool program, you can use K12 Digital Literacy Solutions—a free library of literacy tools and over 21,000 eBooks—to improve your child’s reading skills, or enroll your teenagers in one of K12’s several free camps focused on high-interest topics like coding, marketing, or information technology.
- Game-based learning is a great way to learn for free. K12’s STRIDE program offers free, game-based learning to students in grades K-8. K12’s state-certified teachers also offer live, online tutoring sessions in math, world languages, English, science, and social studies if you don’t feel comfortable homeschooling your child in those subjects.
Time 4 Learning
- Time 4 learning is reasonably priced, with PreK-8 students paying around $20 per month (and an additional $15 per month for each additional child) and high school students paying around $30 per month.
- This is one of the best programs if you want to keep your children in a traditional educational setting even when they are learning remotely.
- Your child’s curriculum will include hundreds (sometimes thousands) of animated lessons, activities, quizzes, worksheets, and full-length tests, all tailored to each student’s grade level and the learning standards of your state.
- Time4Learning, in contrast to some of the other curriculum resources on this list, provides a mix of online and offline, printable worksheets, and other hands-on activities.
- A subscription to ABCmouse.com costs around $13 per month, making it the most cost-effective educational option for your young child.
- For kids ages 2 to 8, ABCmouse.com’s Step-By-Step Learning Path is available on tablets, smartphones, or computers.
- This award-winning curriculum includes a comprehensive reading system (from letter recognition and phonics to reading full-length books), as well as math, science, social studies, and even art, and spans 850 lessons across 10 levels (including both drawing and painting).
- The ABCmouse.com library also includes music, read-aloud stories, puzzles, and educational games, making it a good fit as a supplement to an existing homeschool curriculum or as part of a comprehensive educational system.
- ABCmouse.com is also gamified, which means your kids can play it like a video game, with a ticket system that rewards them for successfully completing levels. They’ll earn tickets that they can use to “buy” virtual treats like fish for the online classroom aquarium as they improve a specific skill set.
- Khan Academy, an award-winning nonprofit that provides free educational resources for students, parents, teachers, and homeschoolers, first gained international attention for its high-quality, completely free SAT prep materials, which were an appealing alternative to much more expensive competitors.
- Simply choose your child’s grade level and subject—the AP or standardized test they’re studying for, or the specific skills they need to improve—and send them off to earn “mastery points” as they go.
- Practice quizzes and unit tests are accompanied by easy-to-follow video lessons that help you keep track of your children’s progress.
- Many niche topics for adult learners and high school students are covered in Khan Academy’s materials, which aren’t covered in many other online learning programs.
- The virtual academy’s unique subjects, such as computer programming and animation, personal finance and entrepreneurship, art history, college admissions, and English as a second language, solidify its position as one of the best online homeschool programs.
- Connections Academy is a great option for elementary, middle school, and high school students if you’d rather enroll them in a full-fledged online school rather than teach them yourself.
- Your children will be taught by certified teachers at this tuition-free online public school in accordance with your state’s educational standards. Even textbooks and other educational materials are provided at no cost.
- Connections Academy may be one of the best online homeschool programs for your family if you want to build a connected community with other parents, students, and educators.
- One of the best online homeschool STEM programs is available through this free resource.
- In terms of seamless technology integration and cutting-edge learning approaches, it’s also one of the most advanced resources available.
- While writing, spelling, and social studies are available, CK-12’s creative curriculum shines brightest in math and science topics (from arithmetic to earth science to calculus and engineering).
- Graphics and games are integrated into STEM lessons through simulations and the Play, Learn, Interact, Explore (PLIX) series. Meanwhile, CK-12’s FlexBooks—interactive online textbooks that allow students to learn while playing and play while learning—are gaining popularity.
Hope you find these options helpful. On our part, we have checked and represented some fine online programs that genuinely are useful, not that pricey, and cover the full range of subjects that your child would have learned in a traditional school setting.