5 Best Traditional Publishing Companies that you can choose for your Book!
Nowadays a lot of publishing houses are coming in front, not only traditional publishing houses but self-publishing houses as well! Though we now have the self-publishing option a lot of people still opt for traditional publishing because that seems less scary. In this article, we will be suggesting you some of the publishing houses that you can choose to traditionally publish your work of literature!
Before we start – a few things to keep in mind – Make sure your manuscript is complete before you decide to look up for the traditional publishing houses and at least 2 to 3 chapters of your writing is edited and polished. Another thing to keep in mind when you want to contact a traditional publisher is to make sure you have a strong author bio and lastly, you need to have an approx. 1000 word synopsis of your book. If all of these steps are already completed then let’s get more into publishing houses.
So the 5 Best Traditional Publishing Companies are –
- Penguin Random House
- Bloomsbury Publishing
- Rupa Publications
- Shristi Publishers & Distributor
Listed above are some top 5 best publishing houses but if you want you can look for more publishing houses in your city to be more specific about the publishing houses in your area. Now without any delay, let us know more about these publishing houses.
- Harpercollins – Harpercollins was founded by Harper brothers in 1817 and now has more than 100 brand imprint around the world. The headquater of Harpercollins is at Newyork city and it’s branches are built in across 12 countries. They publish approximately 10,000 book every year in more than 15 languages. They provide all the information and instrutions for the people who are looking for publishing companies for their book. No matter from which country you belong, Harpercollins lists all the countrys that they are in on their main website.
- Penguin Random House – This is another publishing house which is headquartered in New York with operations in more than 20 countries and has more than 300 imprints and brands. Not only that but it also has more than 100,000 ebooks available online. It is one of the most reputated publishing house in the world. Their mission is to ignite a universal passion for reading by creating books for everyone. Thing to keep in mind is that they do not publish short stories, novellas, poetry collection or short story collection.
- Bloomsbury Publishing – Bloomsbury is another famous publishing house worldwide like who doesn’t know about the most loved series like The court of thorns and roses, Harry Potter series which was published by this publishing house. Their main purpose is to inform, educate, entertain and inspire readers of all age and backgrounds. They are commited to helping authors not only established but also new. It’s offices includes UK, Oxford (UK), Australia, USA and India.
- Rupa Publications – It is an Indian Publishing Company based in New Delhi. It was founded in the year 1936. This publishing house has published some very famous people such as L.K Advani, Mark Tully, F.C Kohli, A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, Ruskin Bond and many others. They have a wide variety of genre to provide which is a plus point when one is looking to publish their books. From fiction to politics and non-fiction, you name it. This publishing house requires you to send a hard copy of your proposal to the address provided on their website with further instructions explain.
- Shristi Publishers & Distributor – This publishing house is very well known for its new authors and bestsellers. Shristi Publishers & Distributor publishing house was founded by Mr. JK Bose. Their goal is to provide as many quality books available to the readers at affordable prices. Preeti Shenoy is one of author whose book are published by Shristi Publishers and they also have bestsellers like ‘because life is a gift’ and ‘I still think about you’ and many other books as such. They provide a very detailed instruction on the process of submitting your manuscript, make sure you read it carefully.
Provided above are the 5 best traditionally publishing houses that one can consider and can look forward to when the manuscript is all complete. Always keep in mind, to stay updated with what’s happening and research as much as you can before submitting your manuscript to a particular traditional publishing house.
Wish you all the best in your writing. Hope this article helped you in some way. Thank you for visiting the page!